2010 - 2011 Dance Season
Weekly dance Thursdays to 9 June 2011, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m. at Dan's hall
Live Music from the Dancehall Players!
The VECDS is a group of friendly people who gather once a week to dance. We dance in longways sets, other long sets, circles and squares
These are "old" dances from the 18th and 19th centuries and "new" dances in the English style created in the 20th and 21st centuries
Each dance has its own music played wonderfully by our musicians, The Dancehall Players and friends
It is easy to learn the dances and we always have a caller
We welcome newcomers, whether dancers or musicians. No partner or experience is required -- simply a desire to have fun, dance or play music
The Dancehall Players, our lovely house band, will be performing about the Victoria and Vancouver area throughout the year.
* Hands Across the Water, ECD workshop weekend & dances, 10/11 September 2010
* Moss Street Market, some Saturdays, October 2010
* Twelfth Night ECD dinner & dancing, Fireside Grill, 6 January 2011
* Mayne Island Ball (533 KB), with the musicians from "Dance On Mayne", Mayne Island, Saturday, 27 February 2010
* Victoria English Country Ball, 1 & 2 April 2011, Brooke Friendly calling.
Be on the announcement e-mail list to hear of any cancellations or other dance or dance music news
VECDS is an affiliate of the Country Dance & Song Society